We spend more time on our hair than on any other portion of our body. We do several procedures to make them look beautiful and healthy. Many of us have too little hair, others have too much in the wrong places. Ingrown hairs are also common around the upper, inner thigh.
Excessive hair growth on the face is particularly troublesome to some women. This may be the result of some hormonal disturbances. Tumors arising in the ovaries, adrenal glands and other endocrine organs have sometimes contributed to this problem. But in most neither cases there is nor specific cause for excessive growth of hair. Hair growth is directly related to estrogen levels, hormones and ancestry.
In today's society facial and body hair have become increasingly unwelcome. These unwanted hairs disturbs the beauty of the women. They have become curious to remove them. There are many procedures for the removal of these unwanted hairs.
Excessive hair on the face can be removed by electrolysis, but this is a tedious and somewhat expensive process. Laser is normally a permanent method of hair removal, although there are no 100% guarantees. It doesn't work very well on darker skins or on lighter hair. Essentially the hair that responds best to laser treatment is dark, thick hair on lighter skin.
HOME REMEDIES FOR HAIR REMOVAL
- The simplest method is to shave the unwanted hair off as often as necessary, perhaps once or twice or week.
- Apply a mixture of besan and haldi (turmeric) with a little water, to face. When it dries, gently rub off. This will remove excessive facial hair. This is one of the useful home remedies for hair removal.
- The technique of waxing hair removal is also very effective. In this technique apply wax with a butter knife on the hairy area, press down with a cellophane paper or cloth strip, and yank it off in the direction opposite to hair growth. Waxing will also make hair grow out thicker, but the growth will reduce in the long run if you keep waxing regularly.
- Plucking also helps in the removal of hair. Pluck them once or twice a week.
- Bleaching can also help to remove the facial hair.
- Prepare a mixture by adding haldi, besan and some curd and apply to the face. It is an effective remedy for the removal of facial hair.
- Simply wash your face twice a day with a face wash, and follow up with a toner. Apply a moisturizer after shaving. This is an effective home remedy for hair removal.
- Add a little haldi to the gram flour and water. The hair will come out.
- Try plucking out the hair with a pair of tweezers.
- Prepare a paste by adding a tablespoon of besan with a few pinches of haldi and a little malai and apply to the face.One of the useful home remedies for hair removal.
- Lemon is natural bleach, so apply that with an equal amount of honey and leave on for ten to fifteen minutes. Do this everyday.
- When bathing, apply soap and scrub your hands and legs gently with a pumice stone everyday. This will take some time, but with patience your hair will gradually reduce and diminish.
- Mix lemon, sugar, and honey in a bowl. Microwave on high for about 2-3 minutes, until it bubbles into a smooth consistency. Spread a thin layer on your leg. Cover with a strip of fabric, and rubbing the strip the opposite way of hair growth, about 3 times. Grab the fabric end and pull it off very quickly against the direction of the hair growth. This is an effective home remedy for hair removal.
- A healthy lifestyle supplemented with proper diet is the magic key for healthy and beautiful hair.
- Wash the ingrown hair area twice a day with a Panoxyl bar, an antibacterial soap of 10 percent benzoyl peroxide found at your local drugstore. This is one of the best home remedies for hair removal.
- Apply an over-the-counter hydrocortisone preparation such as Cortaid around the ingrown hair according to package directions.
- If ingrown hairs are inflamed and infected, change your razor blade each time you shave until the ingrown hair is gone.
As men grow up they have mustache and hairgrowth on chest, forehand, legs etc. Women usually do not have any growth of hair in these areas.
Some Tips for Hair Removal
Each sex will have some characteristics of the other sex to a small extent.
Some Ayurveda experts advise people to involve themselves in activities specific to their gender and not to mimic the opposite gender's activities.
Following tips are recommended.
- Increase the intake of blackgram in diet.
- Reduce intake of hot and sour foods.
- Apply turmeric paste to face and areas of hair growth while bathing.
- Asoka gritham 2 spoonful morning and evening on empty stomach.
- Asokarishtam 25 ml after food at bedtime.